Views
Helpful
Replies

Let end users change AutoAttendant Gretting

Mario Musquiz
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I created a AutoAttendant and is working fine whit extension 150, i now need to let a end user be able to change the Greeting Message (this needs to be change daily), i follow the instructions on this guide

http://my.safaribooksonline.com/book/certification/ccna/9780132904087/chapter-7dot-cisco-unity-connection-and-cisco-unified-presence/ch07lev1sec7_html

I make a end user a Call Handler Owner, now when the end user i try to log in into the Cisco Unity Connection Administration gets a Not Authorized message and cant navigate to change the gretting, is there a specific URL for the end user to log in and change the gretting or what am i missing on the configuration ? i need to let the end user have a easy access to change the gretting.

Regards.

1 Reply 1

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

To my knowledge, simply granting a user ownership rights over a call handler isn't sufficient for them to login to the admin UI; they must also be assigned an admin role. Granted, the admin guide seems to claim otherwise:

Call handler owners can select a different call handler greeting or record the call handler greetings from the System Call Handlers > Greetings page in Cisco Unity Connection Administration, or they can use the Cisco Unity Greetings Administrator to do so by phone. (For more information on recording greetings and using the Cisco Unity Greetings Administrator, see the “Managing Recorded Greetings and Recorded Names in Cisco Unity Connection 9.x” chapter.)

Perhaps someone else can close this descrepency; however, the way I have always dealt with this is to use Greetings Administrator. It's an IVR conversation that allows a user to login, enter the extension of the call handler, and then manage the greetings. This is probably a better fit anyway since you can attach a DID to it and the user can call in from wherever they happen to be.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/9x/administration/guide/9xcucsagx/9xcucsag150.html#59457