Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

License ckeck

hii,

We are having MCS 7845 and CCM 4.1 ..i want to check all licence and product detail through Cisco. so how it's ckeck ? actually we are not having any document for server and CCM 4.1, before that nobody mentain document ..i want now made all recored details ??please help me

5 Replies 5

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Jayesh,

This is actually an excellent question :) With the release of CUCM 5.x the licensing model has completly changed. For all 3.x and 4.x versions the CH-1 (Channel)Phone License was used and was really totally "honor" based. There was no License actually loaded "on-box" so this is why you can't find any references to them :) Now phones use DLU's (Device License Units)which are loaded on the CUCM First Node or Publisher server. The "Station License" has been replaced with the DLU (Device License Unit) in CCM 5.x and above, also the new model includes "Node and Software Feature" Licenses;

From this good Q & A doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_qanda_item0900aecd805009fc.shtml

Hope this helps!

Rob

hii,

Thanks for reply but how can i prove the my server MCS and CCM 4.1 has support 7500 ip Phone is there any way to show that this server and sofware support 7500 ip phone ...it is ok that we are having white paper and othere document on cisco site but in server and software how it's poosible please help me...

Hi Jayesh,

You will not find this information on the CCM 4.x server, and you don't really need to. If/when you upgrade to a newer Communications manager version like 7.x the migration process will identify the registered IP Phones on your current boxes and generate a new License that will be registered with Cisco for you to move forward.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hii Rob,

i cant upgrate any newer communication right now first we have to finished all with this version after that i can recommended newer version so please any solution only for this version...which is better to help me

As Rob has already mentioned, windows version do not require any license in the server, there is NO way to get this via SW.

it's like the license for IPC, it's a paper, but that entitles you to use it.

CCM never asks for it, when you install IPC it never asks for it, is it legally necessary? YES, is it required to use or install? NO

you should have your order on which you have your license for X users when you bought this, that is the only way for windows versions

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: