cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Licensing a 2811 for CME?

MARK HOLLOWAY
Level 1
Level 1

I believe CISCO part number 2811CCME/K9 is the only model of 2811 that includes CME pre-loaded and licensed. One of my peers is using a Cisco 2811-V in my lab and I need to load CME so I can begin to test a SIP trunking application. I have emailed my vendor asking for a quote, but once I get the P.O. to my vendor is it as easy as downlaoding an c2800-ipvoicek9 and cme-124-11XJ.zip, install it on the router, and get busy with configuring? Or do I need to wait for delivery of a license key that would actually activate CME on the box?

I appreciate the help.

Regards,

Mark

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

Mark,

There is no license enforcement. So technically you can load CME using the right IOS downloadable from CCO. You will also need to download the CME gui/phone load files.

To legally own and run a router with CME, you need to buy the FL-CCME-SMALL/MEDIUM etc which is the feature set license for CCME.

HTh

Sankar

PS: please remember to rate posts!

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

Mark,

There is no license enforcement. So technically you can load CME using the right IOS downloadable from CCO. You will also need to download the CME gui/phone load files.

To legally own and run a router with CME, you need to buy the FL-CCME-SMALL/MEDIUM etc which is the feature set license for CCME.

HTh

Sankar

PS: please remember to rate posts!

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW

Sankar - Thank you for the response. I forwarded the FL-CCME-SMALL/MEDIUM line item number to my vendor and he's pricing it for me.

Thanks!

Mark

Mark,

For 2811 the part number you should order is FL-CCME-36. FL-CCME-SMALL is for 2801 and FL-CCME-MEDIUM is for 2821.

Sorry for the confusion here!!

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: