Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Licensing for Unity Connection 7.x High-Availability Cluster with CUWL

Hi All,
I need an advice from somebody who had an experience building Unity Connection 7.X High-Availability Cluster. The question is about CUWL licenses. Let's say, we need to build a HA system with 144 voice mail ports. Cisco says we must have two license files, one for each server. So the question is - do we need two license files with 144 voice mail ports in each? Or I mis-understand it?
Also if anybody had this experience before I'll really appreciate the information what licenses must be ordered in this case (with their CUWL names, please) and how these licenses must be distributed between the CUCxn Publisher and Subscriber servers.
Thanks in advance.
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

William Bell
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Alexander,

I have done this for a system with four CUC nodes and two clusters.   With regards to ports the part numbers would be "UNITYCN7-ADD-MXPT" and "UNITYCN7-HA-MX".   Basically, this gives you a 144 port system with High Availability.   In the first port number "MXPT" means "Add Maximum Ports".  The second part number "HA-MX" means High Avilability with maximum ports.   Presently, maximum ports implies 144 ports.

As far as what you provision on the system you would have 144 ports licenses for your primary CUC node and 144 ports licensed for your secondary CUC node.   A CUC cluster operates in an active-active fashion.  Which means, depending on your telephony integration, your cluster can handle 288 concurrent calls (including MWI, outgoing, incoming, etc.).   The max capacity is determined by things like the telephony integration you are planning to host on CUC and whether you are doing integrated messaging or not.

I believe the CUWL licensing comes into play with respect to the number of users licenses on CUC.  Meaning, this should be included in your CUWL package (assuming Standard or Pro) and you shouldn't have to pay additional money for CUC user licenses.

HTH.

Regards,
Bill

Please remember to rate helpful posts.

HTH -Bill (b) http://ucguerrilla.com (t) @ucguerrilla

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

William Bell
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Alexander,

I have done this for a system with four CUC nodes and two clusters.   With regards to ports the part numbers would be "UNITYCN7-ADD-MXPT" and "UNITYCN7-HA-MX".   Basically, this gives you a 144 port system with High Availability.   In the first port number "MXPT" means "Add Maximum Ports".  The second part number "HA-MX" means High Avilability with maximum ports.   Presently, maximum ports implies 144 ports.

As far as what you provision on the system you would have 144 ports licenses for your primary CUC node and 144 ports licensed for your secondary CUC node.   A CUC cluster operates in an active-active fashion.  Which means, depending on your telephony integration, your cluster can handle 288 concurrent calls (including MWI, outgoing, incoming, etc.).   The max capacity is determined by things like the telephony integration you are planning to host on CUC and whether you are doing integrated messaging or not.

I believe the CUWL licensing comes into play with respect to the number of users licenses on CUC.  Meaning, this should be included in your CUWL package (assuming Standard or Pro) and you shouldn't have to pay additional money for CUC user licenses.

HTH.

Regards,
Bill

Please remember to rate helpful posts.

HTH -Bill (b) http://ucguerrilla.com (t) @ucguerrilla

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify