Views
Helpful
Replies

licensing question for CUC 8.6

Ray Morehead
Level 1
Level 1

Hey guys...

I'm trying to get some answers on what we need for  licenses but I'm only getting bits and pieces of answers from Cisco TAC,  so I'm hoping someone can help clarify what I know so far.

Here's what we are trying to accomplish:

We  currently have a stand alone Unity server with 600 user license and are  upgrading to 2 CUC8.6 configured as Active-Active for HA. Publisher  will be at our main DC and Subscriber will be at a DR site.

We currently have 600 user licenses for Unity and that has  already been re-hosted by Cisco TAC for the new CUC server located at  DC. How do I get a PAK for this server so I can get the re-hosted  licenses?

I also have a call out to a vendor for a HA license  and we should get a PAK for this license, however, do we need 2 HA  licenses? (one for DC and one for DR?)

If you need clarification feel free to ask...

Thanks in advance!

1 Reply 1

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Are you upgrading your Unity to CUC using COBRAS? If so, that takes care of your license. If that does not work for you, you should email licensing@cisco as they can assist you.

For the second question, you only need one HA PAK that will need to be registered with the subscriber CUC MAC address.

HTH,

Chris