Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Limiting extensions reachable via Unity call input options

Is there any way for Unity to restrict which extensions can be reached from a Subscriber mailbox?

For instance, if an outside caller dials Subscriber A and Subscriber A permits 'Allow callers to dial an extension during greeting' the outside caller can dial any Unity subscriber and be transferred.

For subscriber A I would like the outside caller to be able to dial anyone's extension in Location A. But not dial the extension of any Subscriber in Location B.

The same thing goes for Location B. If an outside caller reaches a mailbox for a Subscriber at location B, I would like for them to be able to dial any Location B subscriber and be transferred. But not dial any Subscriber in Location A.

I've read about restriction tables but I don't think they are designed for this issue.

I realize that CCM uses CSS/Partitions for this issue and that Unity does not play by the same rules. So I'm thinking that what I want to do might not be possible.

TIA

2 Replies 2

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Unity does not have the concept of segmenting the directory for autoattendant purposes at this point - if the key is open then users can dial it. So if you have a digit on the user input page setup to "locked" and "ignore" then the caller will not be able to dial an extension that starts with that digit - so if youre numbering plan for location is divvied up such that everyone in A starts with 7 or 8 and everyone in B starts with 5 or 6 (or the like) then you can get the effect by locking the appropriate digits down - but if you don't have a neatly segmenting dialing plan like that you can't do this in Unity.

Is anything like this planned for Unity? I have a problem where I have two subscribers (who are in different companies), one has extension 222 and the other has extension 2222. They occasionally get calls for each other, perhaps because the system times out before the caller enters the last 2 (222 gets more calls for 2222).