Views
Helpful
Replies

Line CSS

scooter817
Level 2
Level 2

Hi Everyone

I'm creating CSS for the directory number settings for the line and I wanted someone to tell me if I'm configuring this correctly or not. For the line CSS I've created 4 CSS's Internal,Local,Longdistance, & International. I have the Internal for the freight elevators and lobby the local for 7 and 10 digit dialing , long distance for 11 digit and International will cover everything with no restrictions except blocking 1-900 numbers. I created my first one which is the Aus_Internal_CSS and I wanted to know if I create patterns that block service 9.[2-8]11, local 9.[2-9]XXXXXX, 9.[2-9]XXXXXXXXX, Long distance 9.1.[2-9]XXXXXXXXX and International 9.011!, 9.011!# and put those in my Aus_Internal_CSS can I use my Aus_Pstn_Pt to let users access 911? Because in my Aus_Pstn_Pt all the above mentioned patterns are allowed and I'm putting an example in so you can see what I've done.

Austin_Internal_CSS

-------------------
Global_Pt= 4 digit dialing
Aus_Service_blocking_PT = Blocks all service calls to 9{2-8]11
Aus_local_blocking_Pt = Blocks all 7 and 10 digit dialing
Aus_Longdistance_blocking_Pt = Blocks all 11 digit dialing
Aus_International_blocking_Pt = Blocks all Outside US calls
Aus_Pstn_Pt. = Allows 911

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

George Thomas
Level 10
Level 10

Thats correct. If you have Line and Device CSS both specified for a phone/line, the resultant CSS will be a combination of the Line and Device CSS where the partition in the Line CSS takes precedence over the partitions in the Device CSS. When the call is being routed, it follows a top down approach and will match the patterns and route/block the call appropriately.

Take a look here to understand more:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/8x/uc8x/dialplan.html#wp1150997

Please rate useful posts.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

George Thomas
Level 10
Level 10

Thats correct. If you have Line and Device CSS both specified for a phone/line, the resultant CSS will be a combination of the Line and Device CSS where the partition in the Line CSS takes precedence over the partitions in the Device CSS. When the call is being routed, it follows a top down approach and will match the patterns and route/block the call appropriately.

Take a look here to understand more:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/8x/uc8x/dialplan.html#wp1150997

Please rate useful posts.

Thanks George appreciate the help