cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Listening to VM on Phone Marks Unread Email as Read

joshuamarsh
Level 1
Level 1

I have a user who is running Unity 4.2 w/ UM off-box on Exchange 2003. I have reports from 3 users who describe the following scenario: they have both new emails and voice messages. They go into their office and listen to voice messages through their phone. When they log in to Outlook, it appears that all unread email (both regular email and voice mail) messages were marked as read. However, if Outlook was open before they checked their voice mail over the phone, this does not happen. This is a fairly remote user, so I have not yet been able to verify this with my own eyes. Does anybody have any idea how this could happen?

Thanks,

Joshua

1 Reply 1

espereir
Level 5
Level 5

Hello Joshua,

Just make sure that they are not using TTS, if they have that, and Unity plays the email through the TUI, Unity will mark that email as read.

Check that on the Subscriber and to the COS. BTW, I know that there is a setting under the Advanced Settings Tool that avoids changing the status of an email.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: