Views
Helpful
Replies

Log of LowVirtualMemory

domingoalberto
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

The LowVirtualMemory alert is now activated in a CUCM 7.1. I verified on the SysLog on RTMT, and appears that the process tomcat uses most of the memory (956MB). How can i reduced? Do you have some recomendations?

Regards.

3 Replies 3

Joseph Martini
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Great job looking into RTMT for what service is using the most virtual memory.  You're already 90% to your fix now.  You can restart tomcat to clear it out which has to be done from the command line with "utils service restart Cisco Tomcat".  You might be able to find a bug based on the full version of call manager in the bug toolkit too if you rather upgrade instead of just having to restart the Tomcat service when that alert occurs.  I don't know how long your system has been up or if this is the first time you've seen that alert.

Thanks Joe,

Also i want to ask you if a restart the tomcat process, it will have affect on the voice service??

And yes it is the firts time is having this alarm.

No restarting Tomcat will not affect voice service.  It's just the web service so your CCMAdmin page, CCMuser, and phone services (they use HTTP) will be unavailable only while the service is restarting (take usually 1 minute to restart or less).