cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Looking for prompt Recording Software

david_somers
Level 1
Level 1

I am looking for recording software for a WinXP system that would allow me to record prompts for CUE V3.2.4

I have a copy of Audacity, which I saw mentioned here, and thought I had it set correctly, but my copy of CUE will not run the resulting wav file.

Would anyone know the correct settings for audacity, or know of a cable sound recorder that can output a format acceptable for prompts in CUE?

Thanks everyone.

Dave Somers

1 Reply 1

wong34539
Level 6
Level 6

There is not any tool that Cisco has developed to record prompts. However, It is possible to use Windows Sound Recorder to record the voice prompts. However, the prompt must be saved in correct for (G729 or G729a, 8kHz, Mono) A G729 codec is not provided by default when you install Windows because it is not in the public domain. Therefore, you can use these options only after you've installed a G729 codec separately.

After recording the desired audio, choose from the pull down "File" and select "Properties".

- Click the "Convert Now..." button in the resulting dialog box.

- In the "Format" choice box, select .

- In the "Attributes" choice box, select "8.000 kHz, 8 Bit, Mono".

- Click "OK" to close the "Sound Selection" dialog box.

- Click "OK" again to close the "Properties for " dialog box

The other option is to use snu.aef to record voice prompts using the phone(use the telephone and a workflow with the Record Step) However, the quality may not be satisfactory.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: