cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Losing recorded name when DN is altered.

arnieg
Level 1
Level 1

I am running Unity 4.0(4). I am testing a few profiles by changing their DN's to include a site code (ie: 8327 changed to 018327 or 448327). Once I make the change to the DN the recorded name sets to 0.0. When I dial the new DN to retrieve messages I hear the " extension 018327, is not available" message. The greetings are not affected by this change. If I change the DN back to 8327 the recorded name re-appears (have to refresh to see the wav timer change). Now here is the goofy part. If I now change it back to 018327, the recorded name stays and works. At first I thought that I may have tested it too quickly and SQL had not updated, so I made the change to another VM user and left it for 2 hours. Results were the same, no recorded name. Since I have over 300 DN's to change, this is not a feasible work around. Any ideas? I also noticed that the Stream Files folder does not delete all old wav files (I see several "subscriber recorded names" duplicated. Is there any way to clean this up without doing it manually? It is quite a pain to go into SQL to see which name is assigned to the profile and then delete the unused "subscriber recorded name" wav file in the stream files folder.

4 Replies 4

arnieg
Level 1
Level 1

Update. I created a new user, recorded the name. I then called the voice mail box and the recorded name worked fine. I logged into the voice mail box about 15 minutes later and the recorded name was gone. I then went into SQL to see the wav file assigned and it did not match any stream file names. There was an entry for the newly created subscriber but it did not match what SQL had. I understand that this is why Unity doesn't play any recorded name now, but I don't understand what happened or why.

Hi -

Check your Unity server and make sure its global catalog server is working. Your version of Unity should have the DC/GC Reconnect tool automatically switch to another working GC if the current one fails. See if you are getting any errors in the Application event log related to domain/GC synchronization. We had a similar problem some time ago, and the symptom was the same as you described.

Ginger

There are no application event errors concerning the GC. Our unity ties into our corporate AD servers and GC's. Since the GC is off box and there are no other problems being reported I don't think this is our issue. It seems to be more of a question as to where SQL server is getting the wav file name from. Since the file is no where to be found in the stream files folder, but a new wav file is created, where is the SQL sub_name wav (non-existent) file coming from and how is it correcting itself with a simple DN change. If there was a problem with synchronization with the GC changing the DN would not correct the issue. Remember this issue is only occuring on new accounts and (two existing accounts). If the GC was the issue I would think that I would have issues with other accounts also.

Moer testing revealed some interesting results. I had two existing accounts that showed no recorded name on the SA profile page. I went to the stream file folder and found that there were several recorded name wav files listed for these subscribers. I then went into SQL and saw that the table had two wav files that did not appear in the stream file folder. I did a search for these SQL database listed wav files and found that they did not exist on the server anywhere. I went into each account and changed the DN and then changed it back (within seconds) and amazingly enough, the recorded name wav was there. I then went into the stream files folder and a new wav file had been created that was identical in length to the existing wav file. The SQL subscriber table had the new wav file associated with the user...bazaar. And I ask again, any ideas as to why this is occurring. I have relegated myself to the fact that I need to reboot the unity server to hopefully correct these occurances.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: