Cisco Support Community
Community Member

Lost CCMAdmin Password

Does anyone know of a way to recovery/reset the CCMAdmin password in CallManager 4.2?

I don't have many details unfortunately, but a customer has deleted one of the admin accounts for CallManager 4.2. This isn't the Windows admin account, but the CallManager admin account. The original CCMAdmin account still exists (I think). I can find processes and utilities to reset this password, but only if you already know the password - more of a password change than a recovery/reset.

I've heard whispers of a TAC method for recovering this password that wasn't published. There is no TAC support for this system.

I found a config file (sorry, I don't have access to the system now and can't remember the exact file) that had the CCMAdmin username and a password entry that was apparently hashed. I tried to reverse the hash with no success. My thought is that I could enter that password by hand and restart the cluster to recover it.

I'm sorry for being so vague. I don't have access to the system now and am not very well versed with the older CallManager versions.

Cisco Employee

Lost CCMAdmin Password

you can try the below link and check if that works

Vipul Jindal

CreatePlease to create content