cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Lync 2013 and CUCM 9.1.2 RCC

Scott Jones
Level 1
Level 1

I keep hearing mixed things, and I need a solid answer, so I'm hoping the experts here can help me out.  

We recently migrated from OCS 2007 to Lync 2013 (did NOT do a hop to Lync 2010).  We're trying to get away from CUCILync moving forward (we've used it up to this point).  The plan was to move towards RCC.  I'm hearing, though, that unless you did the hop to Lync 2010, RCC won't work.

Is anyone able to confirm that statement and provide some sort of documentation?

3 Replies 3

Scott Jones
Level 1
Level 1

I still haven't gotten confirmation, but I was able to work with my Lync admin and we found that if a user has multiple devices, you have to put the specific device in the Line URI field that it is supposed to control.  Still working through testing to confirm it will do what we need though...from what I've seen so far, I don't think it will...and Microsoft has said they're going to sunset RCC in the next version of Lync anyway, so...

Hi Scott,

did you find any configuration guide setting up CUCM 9.1.2 with Lync 2013? I've only found doc with Lync 2010.

Could you also share the information from Microsoft about the future of RCC?

Thanks

The 2010 guide is accurate for Lync 2013.  As far as the future of RCC, I've been told that by folks that I was acquainted with in past work lives...i'm not able to provide any documentation on the future as it was roadmap, and of course, is always subject to change.  I'll post an example of the line URI example for reference.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: