Views
Helpful
Replies

Mailbox Extension

senanforest
Level 1
Level 1

HI,

I have an extension assigned to a mailbox on System Call Handlers, how can I check the mailbox? on another word, I want to listen to the voicemail?

Thanks

Senan

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

When you say you have mailbox assigned to a call handler, what do you mean? Is it mapped to one of the caller inputs or after greeting actions, etc? Call handler itself is not a mailbox, unless you define it to go to one, in which case just access the mailbox from appropriate phone or press messages from any phone, hit * to go to login and enter the extension of this mailbox, followed by pin.

HTH,

Chris

View solution in original post

Hi Senan,

I'll just add a touch to the great info from Jeff & Chris (+5)

Let's say the call handler is 333 and you've set up on the greeting page

to take a message. When a mesage is left for 333 you want the reception

person to be able to listen to & deal with the messages. In this example

the reception person is named Bruce Moose alias bmoose, so you then go

to the Call Handler 333 > Edit Message settings page & add the Message recipient

as shown below.

When a message is left on 333 it will be in the mailbox of bmoose and the

RED message lamp will be lit etc. so you're good to go by checking directly

from that mailbox

Message Settings
* seconds

Message Urgency

Message Security

Message Recipient

After Message Action

Cheers!

Rob

"A smile relieves a heart that grieves" 

- Stones

View solution in original post

13 Replies 13

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

When you say you have mailbox assigned to a call handler, what do you mean? Is it mapped to one of the caller inputs or after greeting actions, etc? Call handler itself is not a mailbox, unless you define it to go to one, in which case just access the mailbox from appropriate phone or press messages from any phone, hit * to go to login and enter the extension of this mailbox, followed by pin.

HTH,

Chris

Hi Chris,

Thank you very much for your answer. Yes that's what I'm after, "press messages from any phone, hit * to go to login and enter the extension of this mailbox, followed by pin." it worked but when I enter the extension follow by pin, CUC telling me invalid ID. I can see the extention in System CAll Handlers and I can listen to the voicemail when I ring the extension from a phone device.

Could you please advice how I may listen to the voicemails.

Many thanks

Regards,

Senan

So, are you entering the call handler extension? That is incorrect, call handler does not take any messages, if you have "send to voicemail" assigned on call handler then the message would go to the call handler owner, if you have no owner specified I belive it goes to the undelivered mailbox.

HTH,

Chris

Yes I'm entering the call handler extension!, how do I verified that I have a call handler owner?

You cannot enter call handler extension as call handler does not get any messages.

On the call handler go to edit --> call handler owner.

Though a better option would be on set the greeting action (after greeting) to go directly to greeting of selected voicemail user.

HTH, please rate all useful posts!

Chris

ok - little confusion going on here.

1. You can leave a message for a call handler - you can set the message recipient (not the owner) to be a user or a distribution list and leave messages for any call handler or interview handler and that message will go to that user or the distribution list.  This has always been the case with both Unity and Connection.

2. The owner is only used to allow you to change the greeting for a call handler via the phone with the greetings administrator conversation - only full admins and users listed as owners of a handler can edit it.

3. if the call handler has an extension you can certainly dial it from the auto attendant or have a phone setup to forward to it.

4. This doesn't sound at all like what you want to do - if you want to log in to HEAR your voice messages you simply press "*" (by default) from the opening greeting call handler (or any callhandler) greeting and you sign in with your extension number and password (pin) to get into your mailbox.

if this is not what you're trying to do (which I'm guessing it is based on your first message) please clarify.

lindborg,

That's good! so I don't need call handler owner? if yes, how can I access the mailbox(I mean listen to the mailbox)?

Regards,

Senan

I logged in to a phone device I precied the envelope then the * entered the ex and the pin but CUC said invalid ID!

Thanks

Senan

3. if the call handler has an extension you can certainly dial it from the auto attendant or have a phone setup to forward to it.

Number 3 is excatly what I need to do, Can I listen to the mailbox from a phone device instead of AA if yes, how? like I mentioned before when I click on the envelope then * and ex with pin number, CUC >>>>Invalid ID?

Many thanks

Senan

Chris,

Please correct me from wrong. on the call handler, I clicked on the reception which it has extension 333 then clicked on Edit >> call handler owner >>> add user, from there I see users and I see undeliverable messages as Display Name.

Do I need to add a user to the call handler which is reception?

Many Thanks

Senan

Hi Senan,

I'll just add a touch to the great info from Jeff & Chris (+5)

Let's say the call handler is 333 and you've set up on the greeting page

to take a message. When a mesage is left for 333 you want the reception

person to be able to listen to & deal with the messages. In this example

the reception person is named Bruce Moose alias bmoose, so you then go

to the Call Handler 333 > Edit Message settings page & add the Message recipient

as shown below.

When a message is left on 333 it will be in the mailbox of bmoose and the

RED message lamp will be lit etc. so you're good to go by checking directly

from that mailbox

Message Settings
* seconds

Message Urgency

Message Security

Message Recipient

After Message Action

Cheers!

Rob

"A smile relieves a heart that grieves" 

- Stones

Hi Rob,

Many thanks, yes thats what I'm after. special thanks to Jeff & Chris you guys are awesome.

I want the user bmoose recive an email telling him "voice mail left in the mailbox, or something like that" how do I do this?

Many thanks

Senan

senanforest
Level 1
Level 1

Rob,

I just got a question in my mind, what is the call handler do here in After Message Action section?

Thanks

Senan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: