Views
Helpful
Replies

Manual call manager Backup failing

aktarmumin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Team

i am new in to administering the Call mangers , so please go easy on me ..

i have Cisco unified CM system version 6.1.2 1000-13 and once a while i tyr to back up manually using the freeFTPd software . now when i try to back up i get the following error :

o initiate backup. Unable to access SFTP server or SFTP server too slow to respond

Please advise what this error mean and how can i get my back up to work ?

thank you

7 Replies 7

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Make sure routing is fine, check user credentials and pwd, make sure FreeFTPD is running

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

thank you for you tips

The freeFTPD is running as it has the big green ticks in the status window.

In the freeftpd what should the configuration be ?

what Listening ip address should ftp be ?

What listening ip address should sftp be ?

for both at the moment i have the ip address of the local PC network adapter with the 10.xx IP range.

for both ftp & sftp what port should it be on ?

As for user creds , there is none and nothing was given to me by the cisco techs?

the back is done on a local folder on the desk top.

The cisco suppliers are no longer around btw ?

please advise and thank you

Simply leave ALL with default config, you really don't need to move anything else other than creating the user and selecting the interface.

Of course Cisco won't give you any credentials, YOU define those in freeFTPD and can create or modify any existing users

Create a user for SFTP and use those credentials in CUCM

If you don't have credentials what did you typed in the DRS config???????

I strongly suggest you read this whole doc to understand this

Disaster Recovery System Administration Guide for Release 6.1(2)

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/drs/6_1_2/DRS_CUCM/drsag612.html

HTH

java

HTH

java

Hi Java

i have read the cisco guide and it seems quite straight forward stuff ..during the process of trouble shooting on the freeftpd i have learnt a few things or two ..

i have uninstalled and re installed free ftpd and left the config on default, worked out my user log on credentials from CM , reseted the password just in case it was the password and authentication issue..no joy , still get the same error.

i was wondering instead of using the third party software freeftpd is there is any cisco tool or built in software that we can use to back up my CM?

what do you know about this BARS built in tool ?

please advise.

thank you

The user/pwd you use to authenticate has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH YOUR USER IN CUCM

YOU define that user IN freeFTPD

Yes, the built-in in tool is DRS, you're already trying to use it but the error is not in DRS. DRS is the only supported backup.

HTH

java

HTH

java

no joy , tried everything ..created a new user , tried it with the existing user etc ..

not sure where the issue is , whether freeftpd or cisco ?

i will try some other ways of backing this using BARs utility

thanks

htluo
Level 9
Level 9

You may download a SFTP client to test the SFTP server.

One of the client is http://the.earth.li/~sgtatham/putty/latest/x86/psftp.exe. It's a command line software. But you should be able to figure it out. The syntax is:

psftp userid@mysftpserver.local

put testfile

If you can successfully put a file on the SFTP server, that means the SFTP server was working fine. You should check the network connectivity (including routing and ACL) between CUCM and SFTP server.

Michael

http://htluo.blogspot.com

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: