Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

MAPI relationship from Unity to exchange questions...

Can you point me to an explanation of how many sessions Unity will make to exchange per unity subscriber? To my knowledge, it is two persistent connections. Is this from the unity server to the partner exchange server or from the partner exchange server unity mailbox to the other exchange servers where the unity subscribers are homed on in the exchange environment? Also, are all unity connections logged as the unity messaging system in exchange? Our exchange team is currently experiencing an unusually high number of MAPI connections which are causing memory/page pool issues and they are eyeing unity - I told them to expect an average of 4,000 MAPI connections per 2,000 users but the exchange servers are showing in excess of 10,000 connections. I realize there are other apps to look at to, such as google desktop and faxing..just want to be clear on the unity relationship before I give them a definitive answer.

Any information from a unity to exchange relationship would be appreciated. Thanks.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content