Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Marking voicemail messages as private

We have unified messaging deployed - Unity 4.1.1 connecting to E2K3. Is it possible to have Unity deliver messages to Exchange and have them marked as "private" as a default? We're not interested in encrypting the messages, but because of our boss/secretary configuration (secretary can view the bosses Outlook inbox - boss has delegated, but has unchecked "Delegate can see my private items") we want to restrict the ability of the admin to access the voicemails in the bosses Inbox.

Outlook doesn't give the user the ability to change a message to "Private" once it has been delivered.

4 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Marking voicemail messages as private

Well, you can of course mark messages as private when they are left from a subscriber to subscriber, but there's no way to make this flag on by default - when you leave a message you have to mark it as private (or urgent or for return receipt). The streamlined send option in 4.2(1) makes this easier by bringing those items to the top level menu after recording/addressing a message but you can't have it on for all messages by default.

I guess to make this a global option means that we have to submit a PER? Retaining voicemail privacy in a manager / AA environment with delegated Inboxes would be nice, and Outlook gets us half-way there. Depending on the caller to enable privacy just means that 99% of the time they won't enable it. :(

Cisco Employee

Yeah, opening a PER is always a good idea.

I believe for 4.3(1) the Unity team is adding the option to have all messages _encrypted_ (secure) regardless of the source - but this is a little different than private.

I'm thinking the following bit of script will do in the meantime, but I'm not sure what to use in my .Restrict field:

Sub SetPrivateFlag()

Dim olkItems As Outlook.Items, _

olkInbox As Outlook.MAPIFolder, _

intCounter As Integer

Set olkInbox = Application.GetNamespace("MAPI").GetDefaultFolder(olFolderInbox)

Set olkItems = olkInbox.Items.Restrict("foo = i'm_a_voicemail_message")

For intCounter = olkItems.Count To 1 Step -1

olkItems.Item(intCounter).Sensitivity = olPrivate

olkItems.Item(intCounter).Save

Next

MsgBox "All done!"

End Sub

Views
Helpful
Replies