Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Mask a directory number

Hello,

I need to mask calls from a call center agent, I have done it through a new partition and a route pattern. Now it is ok, is showing the masked number.

Now the manager asked me to show the agent name and the masked number.

How can I do it?

5 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Mask a directory number

Do you mean, showing the agent name on calls made to customers over PSTN ?

GP.

Re: Mask a directory number

For internal name display (IP phone to IP phone) you need to modify calling name display on the agent line. Go to the DN on the agent phone and scroll down to the bottom.

There are several moving parts when presenting calling party name to the PSTN. In addition to configuring the line settings.

1. You have to make sure your PSTN trunks are provisioned to allow name display. further, you want to check and see if the trunks are provisioned to only present a generic company name (e.g. "Acme, Inc.") IOW, the carrier substitutes what you present with the generic name.

2. You gateway must be provisioned to present calling name

3. There are several parameters in cucm that can influence this behavior as well

HTH.

Bill

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

HTH -Bill (b) http://ucguerrilla.com (t) @ucguerrilla

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Mask a directory number

Hello Bill,

is for internal calls only.

I am using

it is working, the number agent number is masked with a route point number, but is necessary to show the agent name.

GB

Mask a directory number

I am a little confused. I am assuming your agent phone is a Cisco IP phone leveraging UCCX and that you are trying to call another non-agent Cisco IP phone. If this is the case, then you wouldn't be using a route pattern but a translation pattern.

On the agent phone line/extension, go to the configuration section that says "Line on Device SEPyyyyyyyyyyyy". Modify the Display (Internal Caller ID) and ASCII Display to the name you want to present.

Go to the translation pattern and check to see if you are restricting calling name presentation. This parameter is located under "Calling Party Transformations" and is called "Calling Name Presentation". This is usually set to Default, which should work. You can set it to Allow to test.

While I don't think calling name display is affected by this parameter, you could also check device configurations of the target (destination) phone to see if "Ignore Presentation Indicators (internal calls only)" is checked. It shouldn't be by default, if it is test your calls by unchecking this option.

HTH.

Regards,

Bill

HTH -Bill (b) http://ucguerrilla.com (t) @ucguerrilla

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Mask a directory number

Hello Bill,

I have reviewed the "Display (Internal Caller ID)" on the device, the  "Calling Name Presentation"  on the route pattern and the  "Ignore Presentation Indicators (internal calls only)" in the device profile is unchecked.

I test calling from a device whit masked CSS to another internal IP Phone and it doesn't show the caller name. It is showing the masked  number as a caller number but does'n show the caller name.

Gustavo

Views
Helpful
Replies