Is there any way to use a .csv or .txt file to do a mass update to subscriber phone associations in Unity 5.x? I know you used to be able to using bulk edit, but this has been moved to the UTIM tool. We currently in a migration from call manager 4.x to 6.x and moving users everyday - with over 1000 users in unity. Updating the switch a user is assigned to one at a time is too slow.
You can download Bulk Edit for Unity 5.x from Cisco Unity Tools web page -http://www.ciscounitytools.com/App_BulkEditUtility_40.htm
No reboot is required. The field is on the Profile page - Change switch assignment to:
I already have the latest version and the option to change the switch integration is grayed out. Also, this is from the bulk edit help guide :
"For version of Unity prior to 4.2(1) only: In a dual-switch integration you can select the phone system in this drop down that all selected subscribers will be assigned to. This setting changes which switch Unity assumes it needs to use when transferring calls to subscribers, MWI on/off functionality and which switch is used when Unity dials the subscriber when they use the Media Master to record/playback by phone. For versions of Unity 4.2(1) and later, use the Telephone Integration Manager tool in the Tools Depot for changing switch assignments for subscribers."
Any other ideas?
OK, this is how I tested it on my 4.2 system:
From UTIM, click on the Unity server in left panel of console. Then Click Tools and Select Subscriber - Phone System Associations. This will allow you to check multiple subscribers and "Move" them to another integration. Cool :-) and it has a good help section as well.
As always, great, helpful info :) +5 points for this and for your participation here in general!
Great! Great! Great!
Hi Rob my friend -
You are also always so nice :-) Likewise I appreciate your forum participation!!
It stinks that Cisco changed this from the Bulk Edit Tool to the UTIM. If I want to change subscribers from one switch to another, I have to manually hunt and find them in the UTIM. Whereas in the Bulk Edit Tool, I could specify a n Extension Range, then hit next, and select the switch assignment.
Drives me nuts when I have to do this. The next time, Im going to download the old Bulk Edit Tool and use it instead I think. (hopefully not breaking anything!)
I agree, I think some of the loss functionality moving this from BulkEdit was an oversight. I think part of the problem was that BulkEdit offered too much flexibility, which lead to folks missing some parts (e.g. you might change a subscriber's main switchID but forget to change their MWI switchID). See CSCse72778.
With the 7.0 release some enhancements were added to UTIM to help close this feature gap. Specifically...
1) the Extension of the subscriber or callhandler is displayed in the left pane
2) the left pane can be sorted by clicking on a column header
I know its still not as nice as loading a csv file but it should help reduce the effort in your manual hunts.
Hmm, just looking at it again... one more enhancement that might help you would be the ability to "check/uncheck all selected". It already allows you to do a multi-select in the left pane but the check/uncheck is still either one-by-one or ALL.
Oh wait, there already is a Toggle Selected button in 7.0. So you can sort subscribers by Extension number, select a range (or ranges) of users, then hit the Toggle Selected button.
My big problem with 7.0 is that it does not work with Exchange Clusters. So Im stuck on 5.0 with customers.
Good points though on your above bullets
Ginger - ok great, that's dandy if your moving 1 or 2 or maybe 10 users. Now go and try moving over 100 everyday. I think you'll agree it would be nice if there was an easier way, which is what I was asking for in the first place. First, the list is only based on aliases only, no first or last names, no extensions and no search option. And then only in alphabetical order. If I moved everyone in the company on certain day whose first names started with an "A", ok fine. Otherwise, this method is painfully slow.
You could also change the switch ID in the subscriber table in sql where there are first and last names. It is really easy.
That worked for me - SQL updated was excellent and quick - only way to go for hundreds of users at a time.