cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MCS-7816 H3 hardware failure?

Gundars Dubults
Level 1
Level 1

We have deployed CCM 6.0.1 on MCS-7816 H3. Today we have noticed blinking orange light on the front panel. What does it mean? Hardware failure? How to diagnose this problem?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Considering it says DIMM FAULT, I would say YES!! Please open a TAC case if this server is under warranty so that more can be done for you. TAC can call HP and get a new DIMM ordered. Again, it would be good to look at your system logs and application logs in the event viewer as this would probably tell you there is a problem with your memory without having to open the case.

Tray

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Tray Stoutmeyer
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If it's a blinking orange light on a hard drive, it very well could be. Please be more specific. Where on the server is the light. Is the light just a light or does it have an icon on it? Also, if you look at your Event Viewer application logs or system logs, is there anything indicating that you have a hard drive failure or RAID failure? We need more info.

Thanks!

Tray

Thank you for quick response. I've attached captured Video file where it is shown in live.

The blinking light is the first one from left (of group of four), right after it is Lan1, then Lan2, then DB.

Can you send this as an mpeg? I get audio but no video on this.

Tray

Here is an MPEG

That is your system health indicator. I had asked you to check your application and system logs in the event viewer but you have not so far. I bet you that there is some errors and/or warnings about what is going on. If you just search google for HP Proliant Front Panel indicator light amber you can find this.

http://www.icare.hp.com.cn/TechCenter_StaticArticle/31804/35088.pdf

Tray

We have opened appliance ( see photo on attachment). Does it mean it has problem with memory module?

Considering it says DIMM FAULT, I would say YES!! Please open a TAC case if this server is under warranty so that more can be done for you. TAC can call HP and get a new DIMM ordered. Again, it would be good to look at your system logs and application logs in the event viewer as this would probably tell you there is a problem with your memory without having to open the case.

Tray

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: