Views
Helpful
Replies

Media master access problem from workstations

lexandre
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm running Cisco Unity 4.0(5) on a Windows 2003 SP1. Everything is running except the media master bar on the ciscopa web server.

It's working fine on the server but when I try to access to the ciscopa from a workstation, the applet is loaded and then there is a warning popup telling me that media master can not connect to the server.

I saw nothing in the log files and in the eventlog. I made some tests. The only thing I can see is with Ethereal :

- workstation sends a DCERPC bind request

- server answers with a DCERPC bind_ack packet

- then the workstation sends an ISystemActivator packet (RemoteCreateInstance request)

- finally the unity server answers with a DCERPC packet : nca_s_fault_access_denied.

I read many posts concerning media master problems and such, tried to give Everyone local access and activation to the three DCOM components (AvLic, AvCsGateway & AvDsGlobalCatalog). It's still buggy.

Any suggestion please ?

1 Reply 1

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi -

Is DCOM enabled on the workstations? If not, it should be. You can check using Component Management MMC on workstation. A couple other things to check:

- Google Desktop Search Engine on the users' IE is not compatible with the Media Master

- Make sure ActiveX is enabled, cookies etc. on the workstations for IE

- Firewalls on workstations? Please include workstation OS/service pack etc. in case we need to reply further to your post

- Virus scan could also be a culprit

But my first guess on this is DCOM.

Ginger

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: