cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

media master does not allow change to extension after install of Viewmail

vhinckley
Level 1
Level 1

In an attempt to find out if Viewmail 8.5.6 would be useful to my company, I had installed it on my system (Windows 7 64-bit; Outlook 2010). Unfortunately, after installation, the Media Master ActiveX controller that is used to record greetings in Unity became "locked" to my account, preventing me from sending the recording option to a different phone number. When clicking Options, then Playback and Recording, I no longer get a pop-up allowing me to change my setttings from there. I cannot even get the Help/About Media Master screen to open. Even after uninstalling Viewmail, I am still having this problem. The only info I can get from the system is from a file called mm.properties, which contains the following text:

#Fri Jul 27 15:46:19 MDT 2012

playback.speed=500

log.system.trace.global.level=WARN

playback.volume=500

TestId-active.phone.number.source=trap.preferred.phone.extension

mm-conf-version=0.0.0.0

TestId-local.playback.speed=500

log.system.type=mmlog

mm-conf-created-on=2012-07-27 11\:29\:53.628 Mountain Daylight Time

TestId-trap.preferred.phone.extension=3216

TestId-active.record.device=phone

mm-conf-creator=vhinckle

TestId-trap.selected.extension=3216

TestId-active.review.device=local

mm-conf-creator-id=TestId

TestId-playback.volume=500

active.phone.number.source=trap.unity.subscriber.extension

active.record.device=phone

active.playback.performance=stream

active.review.device=local

I think the one of the bold, underlined, lines might be the culprit, but I cannot figure out where it is still pulling this information from. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

2 Replies 2

vhinckley
Level 1
Level 1

not sure if it matters anymore, but I learned that it was a change in Java versions that locked this feature away. don't remember the version anymore that worked, but, with all the security issues with Java lately, I have learned to do without this rather handy feature at this time. don't know if Cisco has fixed this in newer version of Unity or not - still using 8.5.

Hello vhinckley,

It's quite an interesting issue, i personally when troubleshooting media master issues i check that the Java version 6 update 30 is in place.

Just my 2 cents.

-David