cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Mediasense API users

Paul Austin
Level 4
Level 4

Hi All, I'm trying to add users that are present in UCM V11 to the mediasense API user base so that they can log in and view/playback recordings. Problem I have is that only certain users that are present in UCM are visible when I search for them in mediasense. The docs mention that only people will be visible in mediasense if they have NOT already being provisioned for mediasense however, I cannot see the difference between a user that is available and 1 that is not. they do not have any EM profiles or phones associated, they have the same user groups.

is there a specific setting in the user that will prevent them from becoming visible in mediasense?

Thanks

14 Replies 14

Deepak Rawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Paul,

Please make a note that you will only be able to see first 75 users (working as Design) in the Available Unified CM Users section under the MediaSense API User Configuration page at a given point of time. If the required user is not amongst those 75 users, then put the userid in Search box and find using that.

Regards

Deepak

- Rate Helpful Posts -

Thanks Deepak, Yes I realise that but the search for the same user on UCM may return 40 users but when I search for the same set of users using the same search string, I may only get 4 users. As mentioned, the documentation mentions that mediasense will only return users that have not already been configured for mediasense but I cannot see any difference between the user I need and a user that I don't.

Thanks

Two things:

1) Are you running the compatible version of Call Manager with Media Sense.

http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Cisco_MediaSense_Compatibility_Matrix

2) The users on Call Manager are created as End User and not Application User

Regards

Deepak

Yep - all checks out

Is the DB replication fine on CM. What happen if you try to create a new end user on CM, does that show up.

Regards

Deepak

Yep all good. If I create a local user in UCM that shows up - the rest are Active Directory users. replication is good.

Amongst the users that show up, are they created locally on CM or they are also LDAP users. Basically, I am trying to understand if the issue is only with LDAP users or any other user as well.

Regards

Deepak

Hi Deepak, All of the users are normally AD and are synced to UCM OK. The one user I have configured for API access is one that I have created as a local user on UCM. I could select an AD user for API access but I cant search for the users I require from AD.

Thanks

The AD user which is not showing up in Media Sense, does that show up good on Call Manager under the end Users or not. Please remember that Media Sense will only allow you to choose the user that exist on Call Manager as end user and not an user that exists on AD but not on CM.

Regards

Deepak

Yes it did which confused me all the more.

Darn it - changed the search pattern and it found the user. The user ID was BrownJ026 If I did a search for brown, it didn't find the user, if I did a search for 026 it did - very strange.

Thanks for the help.

Ok that is great and thanks for updating the forum.

Regards

Deepak

I chuckled a little when I read this because this stumped me for a few minutes one day too.  

This is a little old, however, if anyone else is still stuck on this, MediaSense API user searches are case sensitive similar to UCCX/E CAD/Finesse logins.  If the user has an ID of "BrownJ026" and you search for "brown" you will get a lot of nothing in the results text box.  However, if you would have searched for "Brown" you would have had it.  It had nothing to do with the numbers and everything to do with the first character.

Easy to miss and it makes all of the difference

That was it, nice to know the search is really case sensitive.