cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Meet Me Conference "Not Started Yet" Messaage

BrianChernish
Level 1
Level 1

If an attendee dials an assigned Meet Me pattern, before someone has initiated the conference, they are taken to the "generic" Unity opening greeting..."Hello, Unity messaging system. From a touch tone phone..."

Is there any way to send this to a custom greeting (i.e. "This conference has not started yet")?

Even better (but probably wishing for too much!) would be to allow the attendee to go into a holding pattern and automatically join them when the conference gets initiated.

Thanks -- Brian

1 Reply 1

pbarman
Level 5
Level 5

Hi Brian,

Not sure if this is what you are looking for; please check this post of mine from a while back.

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Dpass_through%26location%3Doutline%40%5E1%40%40.eea84b2/4#selected_message

I do not think you can have Unity to hold the caller in this scenerio because Unity will only hold the caller when another supervised transfer is in queue ahead of it. In this case the meetme conference is not yet started and the number is busy.

To play a custom greeting, what happens if you record a standard greeting for this callhandler. If the supervised transfer fails then the standard greeting should play, and you can record whatever you want there.

Thanks,

Partha

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: