cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

meet-me number via CUCM 7.1.5

Lion Zhang
Level 1
Level 1

Meet-Me Number was configured in Cisco Unified CM Administration.

For example

And the Partition as below:

I am located in Shenzhen, when I need to have a meeting with colleagues in Hong Kong, I dial 5792 and "Your call can not be complete" returns... I have to dial the whole call number which is "852 xxxx 5792"... And when I dial the Shenzhen Meet-Me Number, which configuration is as same as the Hong Kong's, busy bee returns... Does anyone know why? Is that because it must be configured with Directory Number(5792) besides Meet-Me Number exists? Or it's something about codec, that G729 can not connect a remote site?

Regards

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you dial the meetme number to initiate a meetme conference from an IP phone on the same CUCM cluster, it should work. If you are getting 'Call can not be completed as dialed' then either there is an overlapping dial pattern ( please check under Call Routing > route plan report ) or the calling phone's css does not have access to the partition defined on meetme pattern. It does not look to be a codec issue. If you are unable to dial into this meetme number after ruling out any overlapping patterns, please collect detailed ccm traces for a test call.

HTH

Manish

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you dial the meetme number to initiate a meetme conference from an IP phone on the same CUCM cluster, it should work. If you are getting 'Call can not be completed as dialed' then either there is an overlapping dial pattern ( please check under Call Routing > route plan report ) or the calling phone's css does not have access to the partition defined on meetme pattern. It does not look to be a codec issue. If you are unable to dial into this meetme number after ruling out any overlapping patterns, please collect detailed ccm traces for a test call.

HTH

Manish

I check the route plan report and there is a "579[1-5]" item, but it's a conference type pattern. So I think it's not about overlapping, and I tried but have no idea how to confirm if the calling phone's css have access permission to the meetme pattern. In the meetme number/pattern page, it's too simple that there's nothing special to be configured.

I found some information online saying that meetme does support G.711 only, and calls from Shenzhen to Hongkong using G.729... That should be able to explain why I couldn't dial 5792 directly. But there's another doubt which is I couldn't dial meetme pattern configured in Shenzhen neither... Getting "busy bee" respond is different from getting "your call can not be completed as dialed" when I dialed Hongkong meetme number?

Regards

Lion

Hi Lion,

You need to focus on one scenario at a time. Try dialing the meetme number from any IP phone registered with your cucm cluster. If it does not work, get the detailed ccm traces for that call.

HTH

Manish

Another important point, although its a simple one, but i have seen cases where people try to initiate a meetme conference by dialing the meetme number without pressing the meetme softkey. Please ensure that you press the meetme softkey and then dial the meetme number.

HTH

Manish

Hi Manish,

Thank you for your information and help.

I'm new to the company so really not familiar with the call manager system.

I did an analysis with the CUCM Serviceability and the result attached. I can't figure it out why the pattern was blocked.

BTW, my colleagues in Hongkong can dial 5792 directly without softkey.

Hi Lion,

If you are new to cucm and seeking assistance from support community, then please follow the steps described by people answering the posts. As asked in my previous replies, can you please confirm the following if possible:

1) Is the meetme conference initiator dialing the meetme number after pressing the meetme softkey on his IP phone?

2) is the conference initiator able to initiate the conference by dialing the meetme softkey?

If you check the callmanager Features and services Guide, it explains how the Meetme feature needs to be used. It is not the discretion of the users to use the meetme softkey or not. the conference initiator uses meetme softkey to initiate conference, other participants simply dial the meetme number to join it.

HTH

Manish

Hi Manish,

According to my mind, the meetme number is base on special device, the conference isn't initialed by anyone. The number is up all the time, anyone can call into the meetme number for joining a conference(If ones who can make it).

Workers who located in Hongkong are all able to dial 5792 directly.

Hi Lion,

CUCM works on a code , not on the assumptions / understanding of its users. Please check the Cisco documentation  below

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/voice-unified-communications/unified-communications-manager-callmanager/20048-meetme.html#meetme

How the Meet-Me Number is Used

In order to use the Meet-Me feature, go off-hook and press the Meet-Me button from your phone. Press the More softkey once in order to reach this Meet-Me. After you press the Meet-Me button, dial the conference number that you want to join. Everyone who dials the same Meet-Me number joins the conference together.

I don't have anything else to add to this post after this.

Have a great day!

Manish

Hi Manish,

Thank you very much.

Regards

Lion

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Are these 2 separate clusters??? or just one??

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

There should be only one because we have only 1 callmanager in Greater China located in Hongkong....

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: