cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Meeting Place Directories service question

siukai.kwok
Level 1
Level 1

I have just deployed a new Meeting Place 8.0 with LDAP integration.

I have created the LDAP in CCM, and also create the directory services in Meeting Place.

However, when I checked the option "Update Now", it returns with the error

"Directory Service is not running in Active mode. Users will not be  updated/deleted."

Can anyone tell me what is the meaning of the Active mode?

Many thanks.

8 Replies 8

IvanRomanov_2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Siukai,

Have resolved the issue? I have exactly the same problem. It was ok at the beginning  and then got broken for some reason.

Thanks

I still did not get this resolved...It's weired this error message does not provide enough information.

jbroderick
Level 5
Level 5

My first thought is, do you have a good AD UID and Password and does this account have rights to the information?  I also found that AD doesn't always look at the UID as we think it should.  Try prepending the domain\UID and password or try the UserName and password.  There are several tools that will allow you to interact with AD to see how AD is looking at your account.  Then when you can access AD with your account then you use that configuration in UCM.  UCM will pull all of the AD information and then MP will access it from UCM.  For my implementation, I prepopulated the AD Telephone >  'IP Phone' entry with the extension number for each of the users.  This will build the Corp Directory in UCM and then it will be available for MP.

Thanks for your information first.

But in fact I have imported the users successfully when my database is clean.

After the first trial of import, I choose "Update Now" and the above error message comes up.

Beyond this much you are into new territory for me.  I know what hurdles I had to leap though to get MeetingPlace Express to talk with UCM and MS AD.  What I read in your original question was that you seemed to be having difficulties connecting to AD (LDAP,) hence my comments were directed that way.  I will be upgrading MPE to MP 8.0 within the next few months.  I may look back at what you found to resolve your issue should I run into the same problem.  Right now I am just trying to find out which implementation plan to follow and what the benefits for each plan is.

I can provide more information to you.

I cannot update the information directly by checking the "update now" option. However, if I choose to use "Perform full sync with CCM" (without update now) works after few hours.

p-kaliszewicz
Level 1
Level 1

In  Directory Service Configuration
for Hostname for Active Directory Service*
you should specify FQDN of App Server. If there is an IP address the above error occurs.

Please find below MPDS.log which explains it all.

2010-11-17 14:00:06,409 [INFO ,DirSyncFilterUtil 251] Local hostname: appserver.company.com
2010-11-17 14:00:06,409 [INFO ,DirSyncFilterUtil 266] Hostname for Active Directory Service from DB - 10.10.10.1
2010-11-17 14:00:06,409 [INFO ,DirSyncFilterUtil 276] Hostnames didn't match. But the DirectoryService on 10.10.10.1 didn't run the last  scheduled sync. This DirectoryService will run in ACTIVE mode for one time. It will again check for  hostnames at next scheduled sync time.
2010-11-17 14:00:06,410 [INFO ,AxlDirectoryService 210] Getting user data updates from CUCM

2010-11-17 14:42:30,323 [INFO ,DirSyncFilterUtil 251] Local hostname: appserver.company.com
2010-11-17 14:42:30,324 [INFO ,DirSyncFilterUtil 266] Hostname for Active Directory Service from DB - 10.10.10.1
2010-11-17 14:42:30,324 [INFO ,DirSyncFilterUtil 281] Hostnames didn't match. DirectoryService runs in PASSIVE mode

2010-11-17 15:17:03,597 [INFO ,DirSyncFilterUtil 251] Local hostname: appserver.company.com
2010-11-17 15:17:03,598 [INFO ,DirSyncFilterUtil 266] Hostname for Active Directory Service from DB - appserver.company.com
2010-11-17 15:17:03,598 [INFO ,AxlDirectoryService 210] Getting user data updates from CUCM

HTH

That's it! Thanks!

Andre

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: