Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

MeetingPlace 8.x Video Integration

My understanding is that standards-based H.323/SCCP/SIP can be integrated into MeetingPlace v8.x. I have seen in various screenshots that meeting participants can see the multiplexed video from the MCU in a 'hollywood-squares' type of video box when they join a meeting. However, when I look closely at the screenshots, I see that the video shows in an entirely seperate window, as opposed to a pod within the web conference. Do users participating in the meeting need to install a seperate application or plug-in to view that video window? Or, is that video box just another browser window that is automatically opened upon joining the meeting? Also, can audio be heard from the VTC endpoints through this window?

I am looking for a clear description of the user's experience. If I were an external participant in the meeting, who had no VTC appliance, would I still be able to view/hear other participants on VTC devices on my computer - without installing additional software?

Views
Helpful
Replies