MeetingPlace Express 126.96.36.199 Email Notifications stopped working
Hello I am encountering the following issue with Email Notification with MPE 188.8.131.52:
I schedule a meeting and invite someone from outside of the company by email. The meeting creation works but no email is sent to the guess. When I go to the Email Notification Queue Status Report,in the Description field, I see the massage stating "New meeting scheduled. Queued for delivery" but never deliveried. Could you please let me know how can I resolve the email notification issue. Please note that the SMTP server is configured and it's working correctly.
This was previous post I found back in October 2006, so I'm hoping that in 2010 someone knows how to fix this problem.
You may have already checked these things, but it is worth asking:
1. There is a user called "guest" in MPE. This user account is what is tied to non-MPE users when they join meetings and is also used by MPE for notification. In particular, the E-mail type field is used. Set this to SMTP
2. Ensure that there are no ACLs/firewall rules between MPE and your SMTP relay that would block access. Yes, I know you said your SMTP relay server is working. I am suggesting you ensure that the communication will flow freely between MPE and your SMTP relay server.
3. If your SMTP relay server requires authorization, enable it in MPE. If not, then disable it. I am betting you have already done this but I am just checking.
4. Check to see if your SMTP relay server has any local permission features that would block access from MPE. Some relay servers differentiate between and internal (intra-company relay) and external. Make sure that MPE can relay to external participants.
5. Make sure MPE uses a SMTP e-mail alias that is valid.
6. Does SMTP relay work internally? If you are an Exchange/Outlook shop and have configured user internal MPE user accounts and groups with E-mail type Exchange. Change it to SMTP (for the internal entity) and test notification.
I have seen this issue a few times and I have had people say they know SMTP is working. Usually they stumble across the fix by going through the questions listed above.
Thanks for the reply on this and everything has been confirmed and email does work.
Basically I was using MPE 184.108.40.206 and setup SMTP even Exchange for Email Notifications. That worked every time.
However, when I upgraded to 220.127.116.11, the email notifications stopped working, which was working before.
This is a common issue that many people with MPE 18.104.22.168 is experiencing and no one has provided a resolution for this fix, which is an obvious bug.
This has been going on since late 2006 and since the reponses to this question was limited to none really means it is an open bug with no fix. Cisco needs to get there act together for things like this.
This seems to be a problem only with exchange 2007. I have a new installation of MPX 22.214.171.124 and notification email (also blast email) isn´t working in case of an exchange 2007 server as smtp server. If I configure a small smtp tool like arcosoft mailserver or an exchange 2003 server as smtp server everything is working fine. If I switch back to exchange 2007, no email are sent out.
I got this working with a Microsoft colleague, as I understood there seems to be a difference in how the exchange 2003 and 2007 SMTP relay is setup - with 2007 having TLS configured. Even though I had the MPX set to no authentication, in the logs it seemed that it would try to use what the exchange was set to - i.e TLS, which caused it to fail. Once we removed that from the SMTP relay and restarted the mpx_sys it worked.
SIP traces provide key information in troubleshooting SIP Trunks, SIP
endpoints and other SIP related issues. Even though these traces are in
clear text, these texts can be gibberish unless you understand fully
what they mean. This document attempts to br...
Please find the attached HTML document, download and open it on your PC.
This provides an easy to use form where you simply answer a few
questions and it will render the proper jabber-config.xml file for you
to copy/paste. There is built in logic to verif...
CUCM Database Replication is an area in which Cisco customers and
partners have asked for more in-depth training in being able to properly
assess a replication problem and potentially resolve an issue without
involving TAC. This document discusses the bas...