cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MeetingPlace Express DMZ Configuration

jasonfaraone
Level 4
Level 4

I'm trying to get a MPE server setup so that with a single server, I can have internal and external participants take part in web conferences.

Here is my current configuration:

Primary/audio host name: <internal DNS name>

HTTP host name: <internal DNS name>

RTMP host name: <external DNS name>

Domain name: <domain>.com

Service bindings:

Audio: port 1 (eth0)

Web browsing (HTTP): port 1 (eth0)

Web conferencing (RTMP): port 2 (eth1)

Port 1 (device eth0):

IP Address: 10.1.3.50

Network mask: 255.255.255.0

Default gateway: 10.1.3.1

Link setting: autoneg on

Port 2 (device eth1):

IP Address: 192.168.15.50

Network mask: 255.255.255.0

Default gateway: 192.168.15.1

Link setting: autoneg on

Static routes:

Destination Gateway Network mask Port

10.0.0.0 10.1.3.1 255.0.0.0 1

DNS Servers:

10.1.3.x

10.2.3.x

I currently have the (eth1) 192.168 address nat'd to a public IP address.

To be honest, I'm a bit confused about what I'm supposed to be doing here. For it to work internally, do I need to create an internal translation so that I can access the 192.168 (eth1) Nic on the internal network? Do I need to translate the eth0 interface so that it's accessible to the outside world? The terms "Web Interface" and Web Conference Interface" are a bit confusing. I do know that when I try to access the public IP assigned to the eth1 translation, nothing loads in my browser.

Sorry if I'm doing a poor job of explaining this. I can post any configuration information needed on request.

1 Reply 1

okuehn
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

you have two NIC's in your MPX server. The first NIC is for audio/http management while the 2nd NIC is serving adobe breeze RTMP traffic, which is actually the web part of the conference.

you can achieve this by putting the MPX server in your DMZ, we have done exactly the same. therefore you have to rename both, the meetingplace hostname eth0 to your external dns hostname e.g. meetingplace.company.com and eth1 meetingplacertmp.company.com

afterwards, configure the appropriat NAT entry on your PIX/ASA with dns doctoring. this will resolve the external dns hostname of your meetingplace server to the internal IP adress of meetingplace in your LAN

that's it

hope this helps!

so long, oliver

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: