cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MeetingPlace Express outdial

KARL WHITSON
Level 1
Level 1

I have installed MPE version 1.1.3 and can call MPE from any ip phone or PSTN phone. I can not make MPE call out though. I get this error when I try to have MPE call out: "Call cannot be placed. Possible illegal phone number or telephone configuration problem?" I have attempted to have MPE call my IP phone, or PSTN phone. No luck on either. I have setup MPE as an H.323 gateway. I have a Route pattern to send calls to 8450 to MPE, which works. What am I missing to have MPE make a successful outdial? How do I tell MPE to dial a 9 or another digit to access an outside line from Call Manager. My primary gateway is an MGCP gateway with a PRI.

6 Replies 6

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi -

I worked with Cisco on this one. The Group Default setting for Outdial Meeting Defaults, is not to allow outdial. You can change this on a user by user basis by going to the user configuration and editing a user. Go down to the section Outdial Meeting Defaults and change the field "Can call out of meetings" to YES.

Ginger

Ginger

Thanks for the reply. I already have that set to yes. Is there anything special that I need to do in CM other than define MPE as an H.323 gateway? I setup a route pattern to call into MPE and that works fine. I just cannot dial out.

Hi -

Make sure your gateway IP address is the same as your Eth0 IP address. We're using mostly default gateway config, for outbound calls:

Calling Party Selection - Originator

Calling Party Presentation - Default

Called party IE number type unknown - Cisco CallManager

Calling party IE number type unknown - Cisco CallManager

Called Numbering Plan - Cisco CallManager

Calling Numbering Plan - Cisco CallManager

Make sure the port number on the gateway matches that you have coded in MPE for H.323 configuration - port 1720.

Let me know what you have coded in MPE and CallManager and I can compare what's on our system.

Ginger

I have same error message. My port matches in callmanager, everything looks okay.

I am not using a gatekeeper.. I only have one routepattern that gets to meetingplace.

All calls get to meetingplace but I cannot callout. My outbound gateways are mgcp

Help

I found my fix it was on the callmanager H323 gateway config.. I had it set for 10 digits instead of 11 I actually set to 32 and all worked okay.

I have same error, I have configured all necessary information for the system,but the outdial didn't worked.

Please,help

Many thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: