Views
Helpful
Replies

meetingplace express pre-sales config

yatisspor
Level 1
Level 1

Hello;

A school needs web conferencing for their teachers. For example 10 teachers of a branch will be in a meeting, all of them active. There are 50 teachers, but they don't need to have meetings simultaneously. So, do i need to configure meetingplace express for 50 license or is 10 license enough?

Can anyone check my configuration? It is first time i configured MP Express.

1 Reply 1

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Yeni -

From your configuration, you will have 16 concurrent web sessions (6 with the original bundle plus 10 extra with the MPE-PLUS10-W order). Will all 16 teachers also be using voice sessions during the web? If so, this would leave you with only 4 voice sessions. Another thing to note in the MPE configuration, not licensing. By default, when a user schedules a voice conference, web sessions are also scheduled. This may not be what you want. In the MPE configuration you can specify whether web sessions are automatically reserved or not. This will allow you to retain the web sessions for those users authorized to schedule them. I doubt you will need 50 web sessions, but I would canvas your teacher community and see how many of each sessions they anticipate using. For example, we have 70 voice sessions and 26 web sessions. Another configuration option is to reserve so many voice sessions per "conference". By modifying this value, you can ensure your voice sessions are not oversubscribed.

Ginger

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: