Views
Helpful
Replies

Memory Calculations in RTMT

rahzby.talukder
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have observed that in the RTMT, in the memory section.

Below is the output.

Total Memory: 4127984
Used: 2632428
Free: 48332
Shared: 77336
Buffers: 31400
Cached: 1493160

I'm aware that the Used is equivalent to Total Memory- Free-Buffers-Cached+Shared and the computation is exact. But I tried computing for the total memory using Used+Free+Shared+Buffer+Cached however the sum is 4282656 which is not equivalent to the define total memory of 4127984. They have a difference of 154672. Is this normal? Attached is the screenshot of the RTMT.

Thank you

2 Replies 2

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

For memory, the information includes the Total, Used, Free, Shared, Buffers, Cached, Total Swap, Used Swap, and Free Swap memory in Kbytes. The difference you see should be the Swap memory.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/service/9_0/rtmt/CUCM_BK_CA3A517A_00_cisco-unified-rtmt-administration-90/CUCM_BK_CA3A517A_00_cisco-unified-real-time-monitoring-tool_chapter_01001.html

Manish

- Do rate helpful posts -

Hi Rahzby

I see some difference in my tool.. What I can find out from the field definition is,

Total: total amount of physical memory, Free: amount of free memory, Shared: amount of shared memory used, Buffers: amount of memory used for buffering purpose, Cached: amount of cached memory

Used: calculated as Total – Free – Buffers – Cached + Shared

Total Swap: total amount of swap space.

Used Swap: the amount of swap space in use on the system.

Free Swap: the amount of free swap space available on the system

Hope this is helpful.

Regards

Lavanya