cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Merging Active Directory from Unity

MBGwho922
Level 1
Level 1

I am running Unity 7.1.  We are moving our systems from Novell to Windows Server 2008.  I need to merge the Unity active directory with the new Active directory that has been set up for the network.  Can anyone help me with that procedure?  Do's, Don'ts, etc.  Thanks.

4 Replies 4

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Brent,

Are you looking more for what to do on the Microsoft (AD) side of the house or rather what you need to do to reconcile Unity accounts and settings after the new AD environment is built out?

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

We have the AD in Unity and are building an AD for the district.  What is the best course of action?  Try to push the Unity AD  to the new domain or try to merge them once the new domain is active?

Thanks,

Brent

Well, for the AD side of it - it would depend on what you are most comfortable with doing.  How I would do it may not be how you would do it...personally, I am a fan of clean rebuilds as you don't often get the opportunity to do that sort of thing very often.

As far as Unity is concerned, swapping domains takes a bit of planning and work as well.  Have you looked at those procedures yet?  If not, I can send over some links to you and we can discuss further from there.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

I have not looked at the documentation for the procedures for that implementation.  We were going to just let them run seperately, but it is looking like we are going to have to integrate them because we are going to use Novell's Identity Manager.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: