Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Message Notification at random times (Newbie)

We've just finished an install of Unity. Our field folks have a mailbox on the server, and we set notification to their cell phone via device pager. Works great, but they are all getting a missed call from the 1800 number associated with the system - at 0130 in the morning. Not all users are getting the calls at the same time.

I ran the Port Usage analyzer, and there are zero dial outs during that period. Setting the enabled hours has eliminated the calls, but I still don't know what caused the calls in the first place. Is there any kind of "new day" event that I might have missed that's perhaps flushing these calls back to the cell phones? Any other ideas would be great.

2 REPLIES

Re: Message Notification at random times (Newbie)

What time is your MWI syncng going on? Maybe that is triggering it for some reason

Cisco Employee

Re: Message Notification at random times (Newbie)

First I would suggest that they set up SMTP notification or SMS notification to their cell phones if possible, it's much nicer.

But back to your issue. I can't explain why the port usage analyzer is not showing any port usage at that time, possibly that is a seperate issue.

However, the way that notifications currently work is if you have a schedule set up for notifications like for example 8am to 5pm, each day at 8am, if you still have a new message, then a notification will be sent.

Another thing that will cause what seems like a random notification is if you have new messages, and either Unity or the mailstore (Exchange/Domino) has gone off line and come back on line.

Perhaps their is some maintencace going on around the 1:00am hour?

Views
Helpful
Replies