Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Message Notification Not Working

I put a phone number in Unity for Phone 2 and entered in 9xxxxxxx and then selected "enable" and made sure i saved it but when i get a voicemail nothing comes to my cell phone!! I unchecked the box for sending Urgent ones only so I can test with all voicemail and it still won't work.

• Unified Communications Applications
3 REPLIES

Re: Message Notification Not Working

Check the notification schedule for Phone 2. This allows you to set the days and times that you wish to receive notifications. Also, go to System -> Ports in Unity web administration and make sure at least one port is enabled for Message Notification.

Hope this helps. If so, please rate the post.

Brandon

Message notification,

has to be enabled at system level - 1st thing.

second thing, If the user is in any organization, it has to be enabled there.

3rd thing, the COS has to permitt the MWN by phone.

and finally enable it in user level. and make sure, the time you are calling falls inside the work schedule.

and let me know if its working, check the logs. get the real time log. make a call, wait for some seconds, you can see in the logs, it will send an invite to the cellnumber. if it comes its making the call.

Thanks

sylvester

Hi -

Another thing I thought of ... the Unity voicemail port has to be able to dial out. This is set in your PBX, for example CallManager, for the voice ports to be in a class of service that has offnet calling capability. You can test this by going to Unity Assistant or ViewMail and click on the Options. Select the extension to dial as 9xxxxxxx, whatever your cell number is, and press Record or Playback to Phone (assuming you have at least one port enabled for TRaP) and see if Unity can dial your cell phone. If it cannot, i.e. you get an error that says "The specified phone does not answer", then I would bet you need to update the COS in CallManager or other PBX.

Ginger

Views
Helpful
Replies