Views
Helpful
Replies

Message Notification

aamercado
Level 4
Level 4

HI

405. Notification calls my cell and ask to enter an ID, which I do. Next, it goes to opening greeting. Shouldn't it go to "sign in" Is this WAD or no?

Thanks

3 Replies 3

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi -

I am also running 4.0(5). Just tested message notification to my cell for an urgent voice message (using Phone 2). I entered the digits 9xxxxxxx since it is a local call, but offnet and had Try to Detect Connection checked. I did not have any other digits or delays coded. My cellular provider is Verizon. Unity rang my cell and I heard the message asking me to sign in. I entered my 5-digit extension and pressed #. I was then prompted for password. What is interesting is that I also tested entering the wrong extension and Unity replied, "Invalid extension". I never reached the Opening Greeting as you did. But it appears to be working on our system with CallManager 4.1.

Ginger

OK, I'm glad it is working for you:)

Instead of my cell, I created an internal ext that Unity would not recognize, setup the P/CSS so unity can reach the iPphone, and get the same problem with an IP Phone.

I thought it may be my routing table and checked Unity's DirectCalls/Forwarding table and there's no rule matching ani/dnis that would route the call to the greeting.

Any ideas?

I'm somewhat confused by your problem report here - if we don't recognize a calling number or forwarding number the default is to go to the opening greeting call handler - not to sign in. Looking at your thread it sounds like you expect it to ask you to sign in? Or am I misreading this?

In your last post you note that you call from an extension Unity does not know - then in this case we _should_ play the opening greeting call handler's greeting - if this is not what's happening can you be a little more detailed about what _is_ happening and what you expect to be happening?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: