cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Message Notification

dvanzee
Level 2
Level 2

Does anyone use this feature with in Unity. I can't seem to get the notification to work on a cell phone. Any ideas or thoughts would be great.

4 Replies 4

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

We use it with good success. A couple of things to check:

1. If using phone notification (Phone 2, for example), be sure that the phone number contains your access code (usually 9).

2. Be sure the status is set to enabled.

3. Be sure the "Only if urgent" checkbox is unchecked for Voice Messages (assuming you want to be notified of all new voicemail.

4. Be sure the Notification Schedule accurately reflects the days and times that you want to be notified.

You can also use the SMS option if your phone supports SMS or the Text Pager option if your phone supports email. We use both the phone and text pager notifications. We've just started to use this option to integrate mobile and desk phone voicemail so that a voicemail left when calling a mobile phone is actually left in the user's Unity box and the user is notified of either mobile or desk phone voicemail on their mobile phone.

Hope this helps.

Brandon

Hin Lee
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Open UTIM.exe and see if TRaP is enabled on any ports. Also check the app logs.

I am having the same issue with text pager messages not being sent to any devices. I have checked utim.exe and trap is enabled on all of my ports. I have also reviewed the Unity Troubleshooting Guide and verified that all of my servers and services are configured correctly but it still doesn't work. I am running Unity 4.0.5 with a seperate mailstore server. I am using regular voicemail not unified messaging. Any help would be appreciated!!

Have you run the Port Status Monitor to see if Unity is attempting to dial out to the pager or cell phone? If Unity is placing the call, check your CSS and make sure Unity can dial outside of the system.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: