Views
Helpful
Replies

Message Notification

Beth Verish
Level 1
Level 1

Unity 4.2.1

Is there anyway to turn off message notificaiton when messages are decremented? Our users who have text paging are complaining of too many messages. Thanks, Beth

2 Replies 2

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Not real sure what you mean by messages being decremented here...

You have the option of notifying on each new message or by batch notification only (i.e. notify every 60 minutes if there are still 1 or more unread messages that match the trigger criteria). You can also setup schedules so that notifications only go out for a particular device during certain times.

If there's some other criteria for notification triggrs you're looking for here, I'm unsure what it would be.

My user has text pager set up for vm notification. He is notified when he receices new vm msgs. When he listens to a vm msg and then recieves another notification because he still has msgs. Say he had 3 vm msgs, he listens to one and receives another notification that he now has 2. I would be nice if users did not get a notification when the vm count goes down.

Thanks,

Beth

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: