Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Message Reply Problem

Unity 4.05 offbox exchange 2000 - I have a user how keeps reporting that intermittently when he does a Reply to a message the Reply sent ends up back in his mailbox and the intended recipient never receives the message. Any advice on what the problem may be or how to troubleshoot would be appreciated. So far I have been unable to re-create.

2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Message Reply Problem

Hi,

You could enable Exchange message tracking to get an idea of what is happening from an Exchange perspective. Since Exchange is a Microsoft product, we can't really tell you what exactly the impact of enabling this would be (i.e. from an Exchange or Unity performance perspective), but here's how to enable that: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/246856/

I would also try to get some insight based on any error messages found in the application log of both Unity and Exchange that correspond to when the user replied to the message.

I hope this helps.

Re: Message Reply Problem

Thanks, another fact has come to light. He says when this happens he has a double header on the message he replyed to. First header is his own and then he has a header from the message originator. Not sure how that can happen.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content