Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Message Slip Feature in Unity?

Unity 4.2.1, Centrex Integraton, VM only.

Is there anyway I can set up a Message Slip in Unity? At least that is what Pac Bell/SBC/ATT calls it.

It is a phone number that when dialed goes right into a VM greeting, the caller can press # immediately or wait for the end of the message, then dial any extesion and go right to that subscriber's greeting (no 4 rings). This is mostly used by secretaries who pick up unanswered calls for the managers and the caller decides to leave a vm message.

I think I can do this with a special template for the special number, set up caller input for #. Then go to something like Subscriber System Transfer but I only want it to go directly to the subscriber's greeting, no 4 rings.

Thanks!

3 REPLIES

Re: Message Slip Feature in Unity?

Hi Beth -

I know this works with CallManager and Unity. Transfer (hook flash) caller to Unity remote number, when Unity answers dial user's extension#2 and press Transfer again to complete. Caller hears the subscriber's greeting and may leave a message. This may work for your users.

Hope this note finds you having a great day! Ginger

Hi Ginger,

It's no problem with transferring the call. What is a Unity remote number? Looks like that's what I need. I want a number to transfer to and allow callers to dial a subscriber's number and go directly to subscriber's greeting.

Thanks!

Hall of Fame Super Red

Hi Beth,

Here is a link that gives a couple of options like Ginger indicated;

How to Transfer a Caller Directly into a Cisco Unity Mailbox

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_tech_note09186a008015b963.shtml

Take care!

Rob

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content