cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Message Slip Feature in Unity?

Beth Verish
Level 1
Level 1

Unity 4.2.1, Centrex Integraton, VM only.

Is there anyway I can set up a Message Slip in Unity? At least that is what Pac Bell/SBC/ATT calls it.

It is a phone number that when dialed goes right into a VM greeting, the caller can press # immediately or wait for the end of the message, then dial any extesion and go right to that subscriber's greeting (no 4 rings). This is mostly used by secretaries who pick up unanswered calls for the managers and the caller decides to leave a vm message.

I think I can do this with a special template for the special number, set up caller input for #. Then go to something like Subscriber System Transfer but I only want it to go directly to the subscriber's greeting, no 4 rings.

Thanks!

3 Replies 3

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Beth -

I know this works with CallManager and Unity. Transfer (hook flash) caller to Unity remote number, when Unity answers dial user's extension#2 and press Transfer again to complete. Caller hears the subscriber's greeting and may leave a message. This may work for your users.

Hope this note finds you having a great day! Ginger

Hi Ginger,

It's no problem with transferring the call. What is a Unity remote number? Looks like that's what I need. I want a number to transfer to and allow callers to dial a subscriber's number and go directly to subscriber's greeting.

Thanks!

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Beth,

Here is a link that gives a couple of options like Ginger indicated;

How to Transfer a Caller Directly into a Cisco Unity Mailbox

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_tech_note09186a008015b963.shtml

Take care!

Rob