Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

message store config wizard error

Hello,

I am attempting to install Unified messaging for a very large AD domain. I was able to successfully install unity but when i attempt to run the message store configuration wizard to integrate with exchange, I get an error about not having the proper exchange permissions. Due to the size of the domain they have added the unity accounts under an exchange administrators OU group and this should give me the proper exchange permissions, but i still get this error even after checking the group membership. Does anyone know exactly what exchange permissions that the installer account will need besides "exchange administrator?" (ex: read only, send as, ect). if someone could post that it would be a great help in determining what is causing the permissions conflict.

1 Reply 1

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi -

If you are installing 4.1, the Exchange permissions are needed at the Exchange Administrative group level. Versions less than 4.1 required permissions at the Exchange Organization level. See this link - http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a0080531bb0.html#wp1049373

Also, the messagestore service account is granted the following permissions on the Exchange 2003 and/or Exchange 2000 mailstores that are selected in Permissions wizard:

•Send-As

•Receive-As

•Administer Information Store

•View Information Store Status

You should confirm these permissions were indeed successfully run by the Unity permissions wizard.

Ginger

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: