Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Message Store Manager Notifications

Hello. I opened the following TAC case yesterday and the engineer was not aware of the Message Store Manager tool as indicated by his response. I'm wondering if anyone here has some good ideas:

"My client wishes to have notification of pending deletion notices 15, 10, and 1

day prior to the messages actually being deleted. Currently I have 2 scripts

set up...the first runs at 12:01 AM every day and moves messages older than 90

days to the deleted items folder. Associated with this is a warning that is

sent to subscribers 15 days prior to the move that has a .wav file included.

At 1:00 am a second script is run that deletes items from the Deleted Items

folder that are older than 90 days old.

Is there any way to have the warning message play at 15 days, 10 days, and 1

day prior to deletion? The only idea I can come up with is to have a Move to

Deleted Items script run 3 times as 3 different rules with the three different

timeframes. This seems inefficient. Is there any other way to accomplish

this? And...if not, can I then go into Windows Task Scheduler and disable the

2nd and 3rd move rules to alleviate load on the server and leave only the

associated warning script activated?"

TAC response: "I was looking at the case notes and I noticed that you want to have a rule that sends a notification to the subscribers 15 days, 10 days, and 1 day prior to deletion of the old voicemails; I have checked with one of my tech lead and some of my peers and unfortunately, that feature is not available on Unity."

1 REPLY
Blue

Re: Message Store Manager Notifications

the TAC engineer is correct. this feature is not available for unity currently. i think the TAC engineer meant the feature of multiple warnings is not available. (which he is correct)

you can set MSM to send a 'warning' message but only the one, specified for a single day. there is no feature in MSM to setup 'reminder' warnings multiple times.

your idea of setting up 3 different rules/timeframes should work albeit not that efficient or perhaps acceptable to the admins.

if your MSM runs daily at a specific time, say 11pm, then users should regularly see 'warning messages' as their messages continue to age, day after day. (they may not see a warning every day if they have no new messages for a period of time)

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content