Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Message Store wizard not completing

anyone seen this? Customer is moving from 2003 to 2007 Exchange. Unity 5.x working fine with 2003. I re-ran the Message Store wizard, gets to the point it needs the script on 2007, we run the script, it moves over the Unity system mailboxes (eadmin, etc) go back to Unity to click Next, and then just sits there. It will flash checking permissions then return the Script dialog box and does not finish.

Any tips on what it's checking in the background?

• Unified Communications Applications
3 REPLIES

Re: Message Store wizard not completing

Yes, it happens every time I migrate Unity 5.0 from Exchange 2003 to 2007. My assumption is that the Message Store wizard won't continue until the mailbox move changes have replicated through AD.

Silver

that is a correct statement. the mailboxes do have to finish and the script does have to be run also on the 2007 server.

Randy

I had an all nighter last week with this. It will not finish for two reasons.... the script is one thing, but we also found after digging and digging and digging, corrupted MAPI profiles on the Unity server. The wizard was trying to use a bad MAPI profile and it would never complete. The Script simply moves mailboxes from one Exchange server to the next server. For 2007, if they are not moved, it will create EAdmin, etc or move them. that's all it really does.

Anyways, beware there seems to be a lurking issue with MAPI profiles with this move from 2003 to 2007. I have only had it once so far, but it seems to me that if that if the stars are not aligned correctly, the duplicate MAPI profile will get created causing major issues.

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.