Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Messages button and Unity failover

I have a two Unity 4.0(3) servers in a failover configuration connected to a Call Manager cluster 3.32c. I've checked the UTIM and failover works fine and I've checked synchronisation. If I press the messages button on the 7960 when the primary is active, I get the subscriber login. If I manually failover to the secondary and press the messages button, I hear the opening greeting. The mail profile and pilot number settings and port settings look fine in CM. If I dial the pilot number for the failover ports instead of pressing the messages button when the secondary is active, I get the subscriber login. It's really strange behaviour. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Paul

3 REPLIES
Gold

Re: Messages button and Unity failover

The different here is that the call is a forwarded call instead of a direct call.

What happens if port 1 on the primary is busy and the call is forwarded port 2 on the primary? Do you get integration then?

Thanks,

Keith

Yeah, whilst the primary is up and active, there is no problems with the first 72 ports, all behaves great. When failover occurs, if you dial the first two ports 92201 and 92202 you get the opening gresting and I'd expect a busy tone, the remaining ports show as busy 92203+. If I dial 92301, 92302+ etc, subscriber login occurrs. Even though I press the messages button when the secondary is active, the phone shows the call is calling 92301.

Anonymous
N/A

Views
Helpful
Replies