Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

messages in domino and Unity doesn't see them

Hello,

We are using Unity 4.0(5) with Lotus notes. We have some cases where voice mails will show up in the user's inbox, but they will have no MWI on their phone and unity will say that they have no messages.

To me this indicates that something is set up incorrectly with their Domino user account that is preventing Domino from informing Unity about changes in their inbox. Is this correct? Where should I start looking?

Any help is very much appreciated.

-Bobby

4 REPLIES

Re: messages in domino and Unity doesn't see them

Do you have multiple Domino mail servers in your environment?

Do they all have the server-side DUC component installed?

That would be my suggestion for the first place to look.

We do have multiple servers and we have the DUC component installed on all of them.

My VM account happens to be one of the ones that isn't working correctly. So far here are the things that I've done:

Checked my unity account against one that is working and verified that we are both on the same Domino server.

Failed over from our primary Unity server to our secondary. The problem still continued.

To me it seems like Domino is not notifying Unity of changes in the inbox. Even though I have the message in my inbox, Unity says that I have no messages.

Have you tried reinstalling DUC on the Notes server in question? This corrected a similar issue for us.

You can try restarting the AvMsgStoreMonitorSvr and see if it updates the MWI. While we were troubleshooting the DUC issues, I created a BAT file that ran every 5 minutes restarting that service. It got us by until a fix was found?

We're running Unity, and we had a few users that had the same issue. Check your event log on your Unity server; if it says something about not being able to monitor the user's mail file and that MWI events won't work, you may need to delete the user out of Unity and re-add them so Unity/Domino could recreate the key needed for Unity to access the mail file.

You'll know if this is a possible solution by looking in your "voice inbox" view on your Lotus mail file. If none of your messages are there, give this a shot.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content