cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Messages not arriving in voice mail box until the next day

Justin Brenton
Level 4
Level 4

have anyone run into this problem, if so what did you do to resolve the issue?

The problem is that when i send a voicemail to another subscriber the message does not go into the subscribers voice mail box until the next day, this only happens very soldomly.

Anyone?

6 Replies 6

gpulos
Level 8
Level 8

please provide unity version, exchange version, any SPs applied.

it almost sounds like your message store may be very busy when these symptoms occur. try to run some baseline perfmon on cpu, nic in/out, memory etc. to see what resources are like.

We are using Exchange 2000, Unity 4.1.3, SP2

I had the same problem, but another engineer fixed it. I think there is a hotfix from TAC you can get to resolve this issue.

Also, check a couple easy things first... these will always delay vm to exchange.

- DNS not working. (name resolution slow, or DNS server not responding

- NIC cards on Unity and or Exchange in Load Balancing mode, when they should be in Fault Taulerant mode. Even try using 1 NIC card on each server to see if resolves the issue.

- Exchange store is overloaded. If the Store has issues, Unity will hold the VM and not delivery it until Exchange is available.

- Check the Event Logs on each server... any errors that stick out?

Why is NIC load balancing an issue for Unity? Can you point to any specific Cisco articles or technical advisories that address this issue?

Anyone? This is still happening randomly.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: