Cisco Support Community
Community Member

Micro Trace Setting Question

Running Unity 4.1.1 dual integrated with an Avaya G3R/PIMG integration and a CMM 4.1.3. Having some (intermittent) low volume messages on just the Avaya side. We have adjusted the PIMG units to pass as high a volume as possible without losing the dtmf recognition. What I am wondering is..... are there micro trace settings that I can turn on that will give me the volume Unity is seeing and the port associated with the calls. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Micro Trace Setting Question

Hi -

Here is the link to micro trace files -

Specifically - MiuIntegration

Integrations with circuit-switched phone systems; call information in integrations with circuit-switched phone systems; turning message waiting indicators (MWIs) on and off in integrations with circuit-switched phone systems. I also found this in the 4.2 troubleshooting addendum, "PIMG Units Produce Unexpected Results

When Cisco Unity is integrated via PIMG units to a circuit-switched phone system, and the PIMG units are not producing calls or call information as Cisco Unity requires, perform the applicable diagnostic tasks for the PIMG units that the manufacturer suggests. Detailed instructions are in the "Diagnostics" chapter of the Intel Netstructure PBX-IP Media Gateway User's Guide, which is available at the Intel website." We will be moving in this direction - Avaya G3R and PIMG. I would be interested in any issues you've had and how you dealt with them (including this one). You may e-mail me at I would much appreciate your insight and experience! P.S. Just found the Intel guide I think Cisco was referring to -

CreatePlease to create content