Views
Helpful
Replies

Microsoft Office Communicator Integration with IP Phones

jonmo2578
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys..

Just wondering if anyone has managed to configure Microsoft Communicator 2005 so that it can place calls over a VOIP network..

i have found some documentation but it relates to CM6.0.. is this still possible to set up on CM 4.13..

Im not too sure what im suppose to point the tel URI to..??

Any advice would be appreiciated..

Thanks.

Jon.

3 Replies 3

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If you are trying to send calls from OCS directly out the PSTN, you can make a SIP connection to Cisco Gateway 2800 or 3800. Then do a SIP to h323 allow. Dial peer will then send calls from the SIP request to the PSTN connection (PRI or analog, etc)

In CUCM 7.0, there is support for + symbol now. You could have OCS clients dial through CUCM, then CUCM route the calls out the correct RP.

Hope this helps

Hi, thanks for the reply..

We are actually just trying to get it to work on our internal voice network only as we only have a select number of people on MOC itself..Its more of a "can we get it to work" rather than an essential option.. I guess this should be even simplier to set up ??

According to the various bits of documentation I have pulled together it is possible to set this up on the individual clients rather than configure the OCS ??.. However I may be wrong !..

Im not particular familar with URIs, so not quite sure what I suppose to put in the Tel UNI field, if anything .. So, I guess my actual question is, what are the basic steps we would need to check/do ??..

Cheers

Jon.

You first need to define what you are trying to do. Is this OCS to OSC phone calls? Or is this OCS to Cisco IP phone phone call?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: