cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Microsoft UM with CUCM...."Play on Phone"

hauchinango
Level 3
Level 3

I recently integrated our Exchange 07 UM with CUCM.

I am not able to use the "Play on Phone" feature in outlook, which allows Outlook to ring my desk phone to play the vm file.

Any ideas? From the docs I read, it appears this should work in default condition.

5 Replies 5

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Depends on what digits are being sent from Exchange UM to CUCM. You want to trace the CUCM to see if their is SIP connection coming from Exchange to CUCM to your phone. Could be that Exchange is sending "+" and your extension and CUCM is rejecting the call.

I made a change on the SIP trunk profile, so I am getting closer. When I click play on phone, my phone rings but as soon as I go off hook, the call is dropped.

Probably a codec problem now. Check that the SIP trunk has a transcoder.. or if you want, put your phone in the same region/location/DP as the SIP trunk and try again.

Well I opened a TAC case, and according to TAC, the UM server is sending a BYE message to CUCM, therefore dropping the call.

In summary, when I hit Play on Phone, the phone rings, but as soon as I pick up the phone, the call drops.

I hate to have to engage Microsoft support on this, but anyone have any suggestions?

When you configure Microsoft UM, SIP trunk needs to be added from that side as well.

Make sure you have dial plan created (which is replication of your 4 digit plan)

Also, check the UM services status

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: